Cardinal Logistics Truck Accident Lawyers in Charlotte
Cardinal Logistics Solutions is an award-winning logistics provider. They partner with companies across the country of all sizes and industries to protect their transportation networks for growth. Cardinal Logistics Solutions provides award-winning dedicated private fleet services. They also offer last mile and home delivery services, warehouse and distribution services, transportation management, and transportation technology. Cardinal Logistics Solutions has over 4,000 semi-truck drivers and 3,035 trucks working across the country. They also advertise that they allow their drivers to have steady work and time at home with their families.Cardinal Logistics Solutions Truck Accidents
Even though most truck drivers are safe, devastating truck accidents do occur regularly. Cardinal Logistics Solutions operates over 3,000 trucks over millions of miles each year. As a result, they must deal with truck accidents every year. Here are a few of the truck accidents that have occurred involving Cardinal Logistics Solutions drivers:
- Accident on July 22, 2019: After this accident, the Grenda Police Department filed a police report indicating that a tractor with a cargo tank driven by a Cardinal Logistics employee was involved in an accident in Mississippi.
- Accident on June 20, 2019: A Cardinal Logistics semi-truck with an enclosed box collided with a passenger vehicle. This accident involved three different vehicles, and it occurred on a two-way roadway in Georgia. There was one injury and no fatalities.
- Accident on September 25, 2019: This accident occurred in Palmdale, California. At the time of the truck accident, a bobtail truck tractor driven by a Cardinal Logistics employee collided with a motor vehicle that was in transit on Route 138. The road surfaces were dry, and there were no adverse weather conditions. Sadly, one injury and three fatalities occurred.
As with other types of auto accidents, many semi-truck and tractor-trailer accidents are caused by driver negligence. Sadly, many deaths resulting from commercial truck accidents are preventable and could have been avoided had the driver used reasonable care when driving. Some of the most common causes associated with large commercial vehicle accidents include the following:
- Distracted driving: Commercial truckers are frequently distracted as commercial trucks become more loaded with technology. Truckers can be distracted by their smartphone, reading text messages, writing emails, eating or drinking, or looking at their GPS device. Some truck accident cases even involve truck drivers watching videos while they are driving.
- Driving while under the influence: Despite all of the public relations campaigns about how dangerous it is to drink while driving, inspectors discovered that truck drivers are driving while intoxicated every year. When drivers consume alcohol or take illegal drugs, it can create a dangerous scenario for everyone on the road. Numerous studies have shown that truck drivers are tempted to take stimulants to stay awake longer, complete more jobs, and get paid more. Drugs, alcohol, and stimulants make it more difficult for truck drivers to respond to dangerous situations safely.
- Dangerous lane changes: Truck drivers must be incredibly careful when they change lanes. Semi-trucks have massive blind spots, and it is easy for a truck driver to miss a passenger vehicle and collide right into them when they change lanes. Not seeing a truck in the mirror or changing lanes too quickly can cause devastating, multi-vehicle truck accidents.
- Drowsy driving: Drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. A truck driver should not operate their vehicles for long hours without taking the legally mandated breaks they need to drive safely.
Victims who are negligent Cardinal Logistics truck drivers injured have a right to file a lawsuit against the driver. When the negligent driver was an employee of Cardinal Logistics, victims can name the Cardinal Logistics company as a defendant in the lawsuit. successful plaintiffs are entitled to all of the following types of damages:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost past, present, and future earnings due to time away from work
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Large trucking companies like Cardinal Logistics have a vast network of lawyers and investigators prepared to investigate the case and defend Cardinal Logistics. If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need your own lawyer who will fight for your rights and protect important evidence you can use in your case. Contact today to schedule your free initial consultation.