R+L Carriers Truck Accident Lawyer
R + L Carriers is a privately owned freight shipping company based in Wilmington, Ohio. Over the last 50 years, the company has grown from one truck to over 21,000 tractors and trailers. R + L Carriers serve the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Dominican Republic. Beginning in 1965, R + L Carriers grew exponentially after purchasing other companies. They drastically expanded their company in 2006 by adding more service centers in Sacramento, Oakland, and Southern California. R + L Carriers ship an average of 45,000 shipments per day to these areas.What to Do After a Truck Accident in Charlotte
Semi-trucks are a common sight in Charlotte, simply because it is one of the country's trucking hubs. Unfortunately, even though federal and state laws govern semi-truck safety and their drivers, semi-truck accidents continue to happen throughout North Carolina. Large trucking companies, including R + L carriers, focus on their bottom line, making as much profit as possible. It is all too easy for trucking companies to cut corners to protect their bottom line. When this occurs, innocent people can be severely injured or even killed.
At Arnold & Smith, PLLC, Our lawyers have extensive experience in the complex area of commercial truck accidents. If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a truck accident with an 18-wheeler, semi-truck, tractor-trailer, freight truck, or any other type of commercial vehicle, we can help you. One of our experienced lawyers will fight hard for you to obtain the compensation you deserve.Why You Need an Experienced Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents are unique from other types of auto accidents. While it is not required that you hire a lawyer after a truck accident, the odds are stacked against you if you try to pursue compensation on your own. Truck accident litigation is complicated for several different reasons, including the following:
- The case may involve more than one defendant, such as the maker of a part on the truck, the truck driver, the truck driver’s employer, or third-party drivers.
- Anytime there are multiple defendants involved in the lawsuit, there will be multiple insurance companies involved. All of the insurance companies will try to pass on the blame to other insurance companies or deny your claim outright. Insurance companies are notorious for investigating truck accident cases as soon as possible to avoid paying compensation.
- Federal laws, state laws, and local laws all govern the trucking industry. When a truck accident occurs, multiple government agencies are likely to be involved in investigating the accident. Each agency will be governed by its own rules, procedures, and guidelines. Your lawyer can help you navigate the investigation process while protecting your right to compensation.
- Injuries in truck accidents tend to be more catastrophic than in other car accidents due to the heavy weight and large size of commercial trucks.
- The damages sought in truck accident lawsuits tend to be much higher than another accident.
These factors combined to make it crucial that you discuss your case with a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. If another person's negligence caused your injuries, you deserve the best chance at obtaining compensation. To get the compensation you need and deserve for you and your family after being injured by a semi-truck, you need to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. At Arnold & Smith, PLLC, we understand the stakes involved and the complexity of litigation and treat each case with the individual attention it deserves.Should You Call a Truck Accident Lawyer
Thinking about hiring a lawyer can seem stressful, especially after you have been seriously injured. The thought of a lawsuit is understandably intimidating to people. If you think you should speak to an attorney about your case, then it is wise to do so as soon as possible.
Trucking companies will frequently send investigators to the scene of an accident and begin aggressive representation quickly. You will need to hire a lawyer soon who can protect your rights immediately after the accident. Suppose the truck accident caused long-term disabilities, serious injuries, a fatality, or it was in a school zone or truck zone. In that case, it is imperative that you discuss your case with the lawyer.Contact a Skilled Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or your loved one have been seriously injured in a Charlotte truck accident, we can help. Contact Arnold & Smith, PLLC, today to schedule your free initial consultation.