Swift Transportation Company Truck Accident Lawyer
Swift Transportation has been providing transportation solutions for over 50 years. Beginning in 1966, Swift Transportation started offering transportation to imported steel dealers through Los Angeles to Arizona. By 1990, Swift had grown to a $125 million carrier with a fleet of 800 trucks. In 2017, Knight Transportation and Swift Transportation merged to create Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc. The merger was the largest in history. Swift now has 40 full-service facilities in the United States and Mexico. Today, Swift generates approximately $4 billion in revenue. They are the largest full-truckload motor carrier in North America and have over 14,000 trucks.Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
If you have been involved in a serious commercial truck accident, the steps you take after the accident are important. They could increase or decrease your chances of obtaining compensation for your injuries. The first thing you should do after a truck accident is to get medical attention for yourself and anyone else who has been seriously injured. Call 911 and request that a police officer and ambulance come to the scene of the accident. Make sure you tell the doctor all of your symptoms and any pain you are feeling.
Remember that you may not feel the full extent of your injuries until hours or even a few days after the truck accident. The adrenaline from the accident could cover up some of your pain. Do not ignore your pain. Instead, go to your doctor and explain all the symptoms you are experiencing. Taking your medical treatment seriously, reporting all of your injuries, and following your doctor's directions will help you prove that the truck accident caused your injuries. Here are some other steps you can take to help yourself in a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim:
- Report the truck accident to your insurance company
- Provide as many details as you can to the police officer who responded to the accident
- Obtain a copy of the police officers accident report
- If you can do so safely, take photos of the accident scene to record important information, such as damage to vehicles and other property
- Do not speak with any other insurance company representatives or sign any settlement agreements or reports until you have discussed your case with a lawyer
- Do not make statements or give your opinion on who was at fault for the accident
- If you suspect you may be injured, do not say that you do not have any injuries
- Contact inexperience personal injury lawyer as soon as possible
Personal injury lawsuits involving semi-truck accidents are complex. In many cases, more than one party is at fault for the accident. For example, the truck driver and the trucking company could be liable for the victim’s injuries. In that case, the victim who files a lawsuit, called the plaintiff, can name more than one party as a defendant in the lawsuit.
At Arnold & Smith, PLLC, we have the resources needed to investigate your car accident case thoroughly to determine who was at fault. You will maximize your chances of recovering adequate compensation by naming all responsible parties in your lawsuit, which could include the following:
- The driver of the semi-truck
- The owner of the truck company that employed the driver
- The employer of the driver, which could be a different company than the owner of the truck
- The owner of the tractor-trailer, which could be a different company than the owner of the truck itself
- The manufacturer of the tractor-trailer, truck, or any parts of the truck that contributed to the accident
- A third-party maintenance company
- A third-party that created dangerous road conditions or failed to mark dangerous conditions contributing to the truck accident properly
- A third-party driver that contributed to the accident
Have you or your loved one been seriously injured in a truck accident in Charlotte? If so, you need an aggressive lawyer who will represent your interests. Trucking companies take elaborate steps to try to protect themselves and avoid paying damages. At Arnold & Smith, PLLC, our aggressive personal injury lawyers know how to negotiate with trucking companies and insurance companies and have a proven track record of obtaining compensation for our clients. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.