Neck injuries such as whiplash are some of the most common injuries caused by Charlotte car accidents. Whiplash happens when an injury causes the neck to jerk severely. Another name for neck strain, whiplash occurs when one’s head moves forward and backward forcefully, causing neck strain, and muscle and tendon tears along the way. Unfortunately, many car accident victims do not feel the full extent of their injuries until some time after the accident occurs.
It is always wise to seek medical help and the help of experienced personal injury attorneys after a collision. A medical doctor will be able to perform a comprehensive evaluation and diagnose all of your neck injuries. Documentation of the extent and type of neck injury you suffered can be invaluable when seeking compensation for your neck injury.
If you or a loved one have suffered whiplash or other neck injury in a car accident, we can help. At Arnold & Smith, PLLC our car accident attorneys have extensive experience representing clients in insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits. When another person’s negligence caused a car accident that resulted in your neck injury, you have a right to seek compensation from the negligent individual. Contact our personal injury law firm today, with offices in Charlotte, Mooresville and Monroe, it has never been easier to meet and discuss how we can help you in your free initial consultation.What Should I do After Suffering a Neck Injury in a Car Accident?
Suffering a neck injury in a car accident can be traumatic. In addition to dealing with the pain of the injury, you may also be dealing with immobility and mounting medical bills. One of the most important things to do is to seek medical attention. A comprehensive medical evaluation will help you determine the extent of your injuries and how much treatment you will need. It is important to know the value of your claim before working with an insurance company or filing a personal injury lawsuit.Medical Costs for Neck Injuries can be Significant
Seeking treatment for your neck injuries is another important step to take after the car accident. In severe cases, an individual might need surgery to correct a neck injury. Our attorneys can help you fight aggressively to receive compensation from the negligent driver who caused your injuries. Treatment for neck injuries caused by car accidents can include the following:
- https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/neck-pain/surgery-neck-pain-symptoms that can easily cost $30,000 or more
- Medical prescriptions for pain management and antibiotics after neck surgery
- Lost time at work due to recovery from neck surgery or neck injuries
- The rehabilitation process for neck injuries can be extensive and costly. Many individuals need to work with a physical therapist for several weeks or months.
- Visits to the chiropractor can significantly help neck injuries but the cost can add up quickly
- Some individuals need to seek new employment if their neck injury prevents them from being able to do manual labor or lift heavy objects
Determining the value of a neck injury claim is one of the most important aspects of seeking compensation for your injuries. If you request too little money, you may lose out on your opportunity to have your medical costs paid for by the defendant or the insurance company. When calculating the value of your injury, be sure to include all of the following factors:
- The extent of your medical bills, including all future physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Your lost income resulting from disabilities caused by your neck injury
- The amount of pain and suffering caused by a neck injury
- Non-economic damages such as emotional trauma, mental anxiety, and a loss of enjoyment of your life due to your permanent or temporary disability.
At Arnold & Smith, PLLC one of our founding attorneys previously worked as an insurance defense attorney. He understands how insurance companies make internal decisions to deny or payout claims. His knowledge, along with extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies allows him to effectively represent clients throughout the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
If you have suffered a neck injury, including whiplash, it is wise to seek legal help as soon as possible. The sooner you seek legal help, the more time your attorney will have to thoroughly investigate your claim. At Arnold & Smith, PLLC we have helped many clients secure compensation from insurance companies and in personal injury lawsuits. Contact our skilled neck injury attorneys today to schedule your free initial consultation.