State Farm Insurance Defense
If an at-fault driver caused your car accident, you have a right to compensation for your injuries under North Carolina law. People injured in car accidents caused by another at-fault driver can file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Car accidents can cause moderate to severe injuries and even death. Medical expenses and lost work time can add up extremely quickly. Many drivers in the United States carry State Farm insurance. At Arnold & Smith, PLLC our skilled attorneys have helped many clients receive compensation from State Farm for their injuries.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are for-profit companies that have a fiduciary responsibility to attempt to deny claims and payout as little as possible. Our attorneys have extensive experience helping patients secure favorable settlements with State Farm Insurance. We are familiar with and know how to handle the many reasons State Farm and other insurance companies use to deny claims. Our attorneys are familiar with the best ways to negotiate with State Farm and appeal claim denials. If you need to file a claim or appeal a claim with State Farm insurance, we can help you. Contact our Charlotte personal injury law firm today to learn how we can help.About State Farm Insurance Company
State Farm has offered car insurance through their company since 1922 when the company issued its first auto insurance policy. State Farm currently insures more cars and homes than any other U.S. insurance company. State Farm is 36 on the Fortune 500 largest company list. The company now processes nearly 36,000 claims per day. They also offer 100 insurance product services. As one of the largest insurance companies in the United States, State Farm generates over $60 billion in revenue each year.State Farm Often Denies Car Insurance Claims
State Farm’s motto is “Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.” However, like other large insurance companies, State Farm is focused on earning profits for company shareholders. Their insurance adjusters will find any valid reason available to deny claims or offer extremely low initial settlement offers.Reasons State Farm Insurance Companies Deny Claims
If State Farm insurance company has denied your insurance claim, you may be able to challenge their determination. There are many reasons why State Farm could deny an insurance claim, especially during the initial process. When this occurs, claimants should attempt to file an appeal of the decision. State Farm may have denied your request for the following reasons:
- The at-fault driver failed to pay their monthly insurance premiums to State Farm. State Farm has a right to suspend their customer’s insurance policy. When the insurance policy is suspended, State Farm can deny any claims arising from accidents that occurred when the policy was suspended. If the driver only recently started stopped paying insurance premiums, the coverage may have still been valid when the accident occurred.
- The at-fault driver did not have full coverage. When the at-fault driver does not have comprehensive coverage that includes collision coverage, State Farm may deny the claim.
- When the driver fails to report the accident on time, the insurance company can deny the claim. Each insurance contract is different, but many require claimants to file a claim within a short amount of time.
- State Farm denies the claim based on the terms of the policy. In some cases, the damages that occurred are not covered by the State Farm insurance policy.
While State Farm can legally deny claims for the reasons listed above; insurance adjusters do sometimes deny claims unlawfully in “bad faith”. The following circumstances constitute bad faith reasons for denying car insurance claims:
- The insurance company denies a car insurance claim without giving a valid, lawful basis
- The insurance company failed to conduct an adequate investigation into the car insurance claim.
- The insurance company refuses to increase the settlement offer amount, and the amount is significantly lower than the claim is worth.
- The insurance company makes threatening statements to injured parties regarding the claim
- The insurance company refuses to provide relevant documentation when requested by claimants, third parties, or their attorneys.
- The insurance company purposefully misrepresents the language of the car insurance policy or the relevant North Carolina law.
If State Farm or another car insurance company is denying your claim, we can help. The skilled car accident attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC know how to negotiate with State Farm. Contact our Charlotte personal injury law firm to learn how we can help you receive adequate compensation for your injuries. Call us now at 704.370.2828 to speak with our lawyers to explore your legal options or fill out our contact form. Now taking cases throughout North Carolina with offices in Uptown Charlotte, Mooresville and our new location in Monroe